[J-Pop] Sakurairo (The Color of Cherry Blossoms) by Angela Aki



One of my very first ventures in the world of J-Pop! I loved this song so much, even when I could barely understand half of it. I heard it first on Music Station and Angela Aki performed it so well, I was so moved by it. Even now, it gets me.

I initially translated "sakurairo" as "pink" or "rose-colored," but that doesn't really do it justice, so I stuck with "sakura-colored." I would have gone with cherry blossom-colored, but it's too lengthy and hard to read while you're listening to the song, so yeah. For reference:


川沿いに咲いてた サクラ並木を
共に生きてゆくと 二人で歩いた
世界に飲み込まれ 吐き出されても
ただそばにいたくて もっともっともっと

時間の流れと愛の狭間に落ちて
あなたを失った

恋しくて目を閉じれば
あの頃の二人がいる
サクラ色のあなたを忘れない ずっとずっとずっと

あなたから離れて 自分を知った
夢に近づきたくて もっともっともっと

否定の言葉に押しつぶされても
はい上がって戦い続けた

苦しくて目を閉じれば
あの頃の自分がいる
サクラ色の私を忘れない ずっとずっとずっと

ふるさと心の中で今でも優しく響くよ
そんな歌が聴こえる

恋しくて目を閉じれば
あの頃の二人がいる
サクラ色のあなたのことを
サクラ色のわたしのことを
サクラ色の時代を忘れない ずっとずっとずっと
ずっとずっとずっと
Kawazoi ni saiteta Sakura nami ki wo
Tomo ni ikite yuku to Futari de aruita
Sekai ni nomikomare Hakidasarete mo
Tada soba ni itakute Motto motto motto

Jikan no nagare to ai no hazama ni ochite
Anata wo ushiatta

Koishikute me wo tojireba
Ano koro no futari ga iru
Sakurairo no anata wo wasurenai Zutto zutto zutto

Anata kara hanarete Jibun wo shitta
Yume ni chikazukitakute Motto motto motto

Hitei no kotoba ni oshitsubasarete mo
Haiagette tatakai tsuzuketa

Kurushikute me wo tojireba
Ano koro no jibun ga iru
Sakurairo no watashi wo wasurenai Zutto zutto zutto

Furusato kokoro no naka de ima demo yasashiku hibiku yo
Sonna uta ga kikoeru

Aishikute me wo tojireba
Ano koro no futari ga iru
Sakurairo no anata no koto wo
Sakurairo no watashi no koto wo
Sakurairo no jidai wo wasurenai Zutto zutto zutto
Zutto zutto zutto
They bloomed along the riverside The line of sakura trees
Living our lives together We walked along that path
Even if we're swallowed and thrown up by the world
I just want you beside me More and more and more

Somewhere between the flow of time and falling in love,
I lost you

Even if I close my eyes full of love
I still see the two of us from back then
I will not forget that sakura-colored you Never ever ever

When I was separated from you I got to know myself better
I started wanting to chase my dreams More and more and more

Even when I got beaten down by hurtful words
I got up and kept on fighting

Even if I close my eyes full of pain
I still see myself from back then
I will not forget my sakura-colored self Never ever ever

Even when I go back home now, it still echoes gently in my heart
I can still hear a song that sounds like that

Even if I close my eyes full of love
I still see the two of us from back then
Neither the sakura-colored you
Nor my sakura-colored self
Nor the sakura-colored time we spent together I will never forget any of them Never ever ever
Never ever ever
[J-Pop] Sakurairo (The Color of Cherry Blossoms) by Angela Aki [J-Pop] Sakurairo (The Color of Cherry Blossoms) by Angela Aki Reviewed by Bea on October 08, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.